Definition of cookies
Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the “cache” of your Internet browser. When you visit the same website again, cookies allow the website to recognize your browser and as a result, store your user preferences.
Type and function of cookies
- Own: Sent from a computer or domain managed by the owner of the website.
- Third Party: Sent from a computer or domain that is not managed by the owner of the website.
- Session: Collect data while the user is browsing through the website.
- Permanent: They allow access to data from the user’s terminal for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie.
- Techniques: They allow the user to browse through a website and use different options or services.
- of Personalization: They allow the user to access the service with certain characteristics.
- Analysis: They allow the monitoring and analysis of user behavior of websites to which they are linked, in order to introduce improvements based on the data added.
- Advertising: They allow the management of the advertising spaces of the basic publisher according to certain criteria, with the edited content or the frequency of accesses.
Table listed with the type of cookies used on the website and their purpose
20 years and 1 month
|Distinguish users and sessions
Determine new sessions or visits
Determine if the user is in a new session or visit
Limit the percentage of applications
It stores the source of traffic that explains how the user came to the web
Used for visitor tracking
Allows the user to see updated web content if they share it
Used to limit the percentage of requests
This cookie is used to indicate that you have accepted its use
|This cookie contains an identification that Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your chosen language.
|Used to save the selected language in the navigation
- You can disable the use of your own and third-party cookies by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Internet Explorer 9 https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
- Safari https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- You can configure the accepted cookies by clicking here.
Identification of those responsible for cookies and the processing of the data obtained
The INSTITUT D’ESTUDIS REGIONALS I METROPOLITANS DE BARCELONA will be responsible for its own cookies and the processing of the data obtained. The contact email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google and Google Analytics are responsible for third-party cookies.